German unit selection: MARY 3.1beta2 released
Here's another snapshot release of the work on unit selection: http://mary.dfki.de/download/mary-install-3.1beta2.jar
- Four German unit selection voices created from recordings in the BITS project;
- added acoustic models, which should also improve the English unit selection voices;
- added support for 64-bit linux and Intel Mac architectures.
On our to-do list are still many things, including:
- a well-documented and easy-to-use voice creation toolkit;
- smaller voices by using suitable speech coding for the databases.
Known issues with this release:
- diphone voices are basically broken. Don't install this version if you want to use diphone voices.
- only very limited testing on various platforms. Please report any errors you may find!