MARY 3.5.0 released
This release provides substantial new features while maintaining the API compatible to previous versions.
mary-standalone-install-3.5.0.jar (32MB, including several voices)
New features include:
- installer slimmed down to just over 30 MB, including some voices;
- separate voice installer tool, allowing you to download voices comfortably and with an integrity verification prior to installation;
- new synthesis technology: Marcela Charfuelan ported the excellent HMM-based synthesis code from the HTS project (http://hts.sp.nitech.ac.jp/) to Java -- several HMM-based voices already ship with MARY;
- audio effects: Oytun Turk implemented a range of audio effects that can be applied to the MARY voices, and can be controlled through the MARYGUIClient;
- voice creation toolkit: Sathish Chandra Pammi and Anna Hunecke have cleaned up and documented the tool we use for building new synthesis voices;
- voice recording tool "Redstart": Mat Wilson has programmed a very nice GUI for recording new voices;
- OGG Vorbis support: under Linux, the MARY server can now generate audio in OGG Vorbis format.