MARY 4.0.0 released
This is the first stable release of the new 4.0 code. MARY 4.0 is a major cleanup over previous versions of MARY TTS.
- 100% Pure Java. All native libraries have been removed from the system. MARY should now run on any platform that has Java 1.5 or newer.
- Fully open source. All code is now open source under the LGPL, including German TTS. Voices are distributed under Creative Commons or BSD licenses.
- New languages and voices. We have added four expressive British English voices built for the SEMAINE project, a Turkish and a Telugu voice for now, and have made it easy to add more languages and voices in the future.
MARY now comes with a toolkit for people who want to add support for new languages or build their own voices. There is detailed documentation for
- creating initial support for a new language;
- recording and building a unit selection voice; and
- creating an HMM-based voice from the same recordings.
More details can be found in the MARY TTS 4.0 Release Notes.